Change can be a scary thing. When you make a change in your life, you bring yourself into the unknown. You travel from a safe place to one where you don’t know exactly what will happen. I offer you nine strategies you can start today to conquer you fear of change.
The truth is, there is nothing you can do to stop change. This world is always changing – sometimes for good and sometimes not. The best thing you can do for yourself is to learn the best ways to adapt to change. You’ll soon learn that there’s no reason to fear!
Here is a list of strategies to conquer your fear of change:
- Think Positive Thoughts. When you embark on a change in your life, think it through in a positive way. Instead of thinking about what could go wrong, picture it all going right.
- Learning Life Lessons. Think about some of the past changes you’ve gone through in your life and include both the positive outcomes and the negative ones. Regardless of your past, it’s likely that you’ve learned an important life lesson. Yet, if you keep your life stagnant, you’ll lose out on the many important life lessons and experiences.
- Write Your Thoughts Down. Writing down your innermost thoughts can provide a similar release as confiding with a close friend. Change can be scary, but if you provide yourself with a way to conquer the fear, you can find the courage underneath.
- Try Hypnosis. Hypnosis and self-hypnosis techniques have been known to help when we need to alter our thinking. Hypnosis can help you relax by feeding you trans-formative thoughts.
- Positive Motivation. If you want to get over your fear of change, you have to actually want the change. If you do, you’ll do whatever it takes to get motivated. You can do this by reciting affirmations, writing directions down for yourself, or asking a trusted friend or family member for help.
- Stay in the Present. Staying in the present moment can help you conquer any fear. It’s far too easy for your mind to get caught up with regrets about the past or worries about the future. In moments of self-doubt, focus only on whatever you’re doing at the moment. This moment is all you have, so you might as well enjoy it!
- Break Down the Change. If you’re planning a big change in your life, perhaps it will help to break down the change into a series of smaller steps. Doing so will help you to feel less overwhelmed if you can easily transition into a change instead of feeling shocked and scared.
- The Right Time. Remember that it’s always the right time to change. Don’t make excuses for yourself. Believe that you can do it and go for it!
- The Back Up Plan. When you embark on a path of change, it may be the unknown that scares you most. If possible, carefully plan through your change. Think about all the possible scenarios and outcomes – positive or negative – then make a plan. When you have a plan, you’ll ease your fears of the unknown and feel at least a little more comfortable with the change.
Change for Your Greater-Yet-To-Be…
Change is going to find you one way or another, so you might as well learn how to go with the flow and learn how to let go. Sure, this is easier said than done, however, learning how to better adapt to change can improve all aspects of your life!
Not sure where to start or what is holding you back?
Invest in yourself. You are worth it! Start here with our Coaching Assessment
As a Holistic Life Path Coach, Christy can offer you an unbiased perspective and assist you
in “Living Your Best Life after all it is Your Highest Calling!”