FAQ – Holistic Modalities
What is Holistic?
Holism can be explained as being focused on the “whole” or on a “complete system” rather than with the analysis of, or dissection into parts, of a health issue, a business, or even a personal “problem”.
As holistic medicine attempts to treat both the mind and the body recognizing that one is affected by the other, a holistic approach integrates and balances the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of an individual to help them reach their full potential.
A Holistic Coach can offer you an unbiased perspective and support you in discovering and using the full potential of your own creative power to make positive changes in your life.
What is a Holistic Health Practitioner?
A Holistic Health Practitioner *HHP* is someone who is an expert in various aspects of holistic health and is able to offer clients a wide array of natural treatment options. An HHP is able to evaluate an individual’s diet and lifestyle and uses nutrition and holistic therapies to offer positive lifestyle changes and a personalized wellness plan.
An HHP recognizes that the whole person needs to be treated and is able to assess the client’s emotional state while helping to establish a positive balance between body, mind, and spirit. An HHP works on the premise that the body has an innate healing ability and his/her job lies in helping to establish the right environment for self-healing to take place.
What Is New Thought Philosophy?
New Thought is a philosophical and spiritual movement that originated in the late 19th century in the United States. It is based on the idea that thoughts are creative and can influence reality. New Thought teaches that humans have a divine nature and can access infinite intelligence, power, and abundance through positive thinking, affirmations, meditation, and prayer. New Thought also emphasizes healing, prosperity, and personal growth as expressions of one’s divine potential.
What is a Spiritual Midwife?
The metaphysical meaning of feminine. The Universal Medium or Soul has been called the “Womb of Nature” and “The Holy Mother,” because [IT] is receptive to the Spirit and is impregnated with the Divine ideas. It gives birth to the ideas of the Spirit and is, therefore, the Feminine Principle of Nature. (The Science of Mind,” pg. 42 Lesson One).
A Spiritual MidWife can help YOU discover Your I-AM-Ness, Your Truth and Your Beauty
- Discover who you are,
- Identify and clarify what you desire most,
- Expand the awareness of your thoughts, feelings, and actions and begin to align them to what you desire,
- Create and develop strategies, action plans, and environments to help you achieve your goals.
As a Spiritual MidWife, Christy “Jo’s” mission is to assist in the GRATE AWAKENING i.e. to birth a new humanity and her vision is a world that works for ALL LIFE on this Planet.
What are Intuitive Readings?
An intuitive reading can help bridge the GAP from where you are NOW, to where your life may be taking you. Sometimes, the right path isn’t always that obvious. But, with help, you can finally find yourself moving along the road that leads to your true happiness.
What is Bio-Energy Bodywork?
Definition: Bio-Energy is the life force of the body. It creates the subtle energy fields that surround the body. It is also called the human energy field, and the energy systems of the body.
Bio-Energy is the term adopted by the National Institute of Health’s Department of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) as they research it and seek to standardize its use and incorporate it into mainstream health care. Reiki is one of many healing practices that affect the bioenergy field.
What is Reiki?
- Reiki (pronounced ray-key) is a word meaning “universal life energy.” Rei may be translated as “universal, spirit, or boundless essence.” Ki translates as “life force energy.”
- Life force energy is know in many cultures around the world, and has many names – prana in India, chi in China, and light in Christianity.
- Reiki is a hands-on technique for restoring and balancing this natural life force energy within the body.
- Reiki is not intended to replace any medical diagnosis or treatment, but is intended as an enhancement to orthodox medical care
What are some of the benefits of Reiki?
- Reiki is not massage, religion, nor a belief system. It is healing energy in it’s truest sense.
- It reduces stress and tension.
- Integrates the body, mind and spirit.
- Starts the healing process.
- Helps maintain and enhance health.
- Releases energy blocks.
- Cleanses the body of toxins.
- Works to create a state of harmony and balance
- Reiki reinforces the client to take responsibility for their lives and to create the necessary changes in attitude to live a healthier a happier life.
- Reiki is a healing system that is a safe, natural and holistic way of treating many acute and chronic conditions.
What is Chakra Balancing?
The human body contains hundreds of locations where there is focused and concentrated energy. There are, however, seven major energy centers, commonly referred to as “chakras.”
The seven major chakras correspond to specific aspects of our consciousness and have their own individual characteristic and functions. Each has a corresponding relationship to one of the various glands of the body’s endocrine system, as well as to one of the seven colors of the rainbow spectrum.
The main purpose in working with and understanding the chakras is to create integration and wholeness within us. In this way we bring the various aspects of our consciousness, form the spiritual to the physical, into a harmonious relationship. Ultimately, we begin to recognize that the different aspects of ourselves (physical, material, sexual, spiritual, etc.) all work together, and that each aspect is as much a part of the whole as the others. We must be able to acknowledge, accept and integrate all levels of our being.
To help us in the process of our unfoldment it is most important to understand that the chakras are “doorways” for our consciousness. They are doorways through which emotional, mental, and spiritual force flow into physical expression. They are openings through which our attitudes and belief systems enter into and create our body/mind structure. The energy created from our emotions and mental attitude runs through the chakras and is distributed to our cells, tissues, and organs. Realizing this brings tremendous insight into how we ourselves affect our bodies and circumstances for better or worse.